July 20, 2017
Jones Library - Woodbury Room
43 Amity Street
Amherst, MA 01002
This workshop could let you help someone when they need it most.
safeTALK: Suicide Alertness for Everyone
Thursday, July 20, 2017
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
SafeTALK is a half-day training in suicide alertness for anyone ages 15 and up. It helps participants recognize a person with thoughts of suicide and connect them with resources who can help them in choosing to live.
Participants will learn to:
- notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts maybe present;
- recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked;
- move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss and avoid suicide;
- apply the TALK steps of Tell, Ask, Listen, KeepSafe;
- use community resources to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to additional help.
Registration is required - please contact Heather White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SafeTALK is limited to 40 participants and takes about 3 hours; more information can be found at livingworks.net.
Co-sponsored by the Jones Library and the Western Mass chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.